Dance instructors: Rose and Henry Litke
Choreographer: Sue Ann Ehmann (Patrick Springs, Virginia USA) Nov 2011
Music: The Old School Bop - Scooter Lee: I'm Gonna Love You Forever (112 bpm) iTunes
Many people in Fairfield Harbor are regular line dancers. They love to dance. It is fun, good exercise and is a great form of dance all on its own. Line dancing can also be a fun way to improve your dance skills. The same skills learned in line dancing will apply to any form of couple dancing. Below are 7 benefits of line dancing.
Line Dancing will:
1. Teach you to dance. If you can’t dance by yourself, how can you possibly expect to dance with a partner? Line dancing teaches you to actually move your body.
2. Improve your Balance: teaches you how to maintain your own balance while moving to the beat
3. Help you Find the Beat: Oh a big one. Staying on beat (on time) is critical in any dance whether by yourself or with someone else. Learning to find the beat and timing of any dance is critical before getting with a partner.
4. Teach you basic footwork. Learn how to do triple steps, turns and spins, rocking steps and many other steps that you will use in every form of dance.
5. Improve your confidence. Helps overcome feeling of having “two left feet”; Offers sense of pride and accomplishment and improves your coordination.
6. Provide you with a dance outlet whether you have a partner or not. Today, it seems there is a line dance for just about any song you can think of. If not, many line dances are timed that they can fit multiple songs providing you many dance opportunities.
7. Provide you a way to practice. You always hear that practice is necessary to improving your dance but you may not know exactly how to, or what to practice. Line dances are a perfect structured means to practice dance technique.